Gluten-Free Apple Pie BiscuitsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Servings: 5 people
For the dough:
- 1 pan Dempsey Bakery Biscuits
- 1 can (21 oz.)
apple pie filling(cut apples into 1” pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp. nutmeg
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. cream or half & half
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a bowl and brush on all sides of the provided pan, reserving the remaining butter.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until blended.
- Dip each biscuit in the butter and sprinkle all sides of the biscuits with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place biscuits back in the pan spacing evenly.
- Mix vanilla and apple filling together.
- Pour apples over biscuits, drizzle remaining butter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Let biscuits rise for 30 minutes then bake for 30-35 minutes, until biscuits are golden.
- Mix together ingredients for the glaze by adding 1 tablespoon of liquid at a time to the powdered sugar until glaze is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Drizzle glaze over biscuits. Serve warm.